Are you a gifted and high-achieving student who is 18 years or below? Have you completed any significant work that experts can recognize as meaningful to society? Here’s the good news; you can now apply for Davidson Scholarship to help fund your education. Read this article to the end to learn more about the scholarship.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship is a grant offered by Davidson Institute to meticulous and hardworking learners who have outperformed academically. The program is designed for talented students aged 18 years and below who contribute significantly to projects. To qualify for this project, you must be a U.S. citizen living in the United States permanently.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship 2023 Key Highlights
The Davidson Fellows Scholarship awards scholarships worth $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000 to 20 extraordinary young people yearly. The students must be 18 years or younger and must have accomplished a significant piece of work.
Davidson InstituteThe program was established in 1999 to offer financial assistance to talented learners with significant contributions to projects.
The application categories for this scholarship are science, technology, engineering, mathematics, philosophy, music, literature, and outside the box. To be eligible, you must be available to attend the Davidson Fellows recognition event every year in Washington, D.C.
To be eligible for Davidson Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or younger during the application.
- Be a U.S. citizen and be permanently living in the United States.
- Be available to attend recognition and awards events held in Washington, DC.
- You can apply for the scholarship even if you’re posted overseas due to military activities.
- There is no minimum age for eligibility.
- You must be a team of two, and both of you should meet the eligibility criteria. If your team qualifies, the award you get will be distributed among both of you equally.
Every year, 20 students receive Davidson Scholarship, and the amount awarded varies. However, the receivers get huge benefits which include the following:
1. Each beneficiary receives a scholarship worth $50,000, $25,000, or $10,000, depending on the project’s nature.
2. You can get this award if you study science, technology, engineering, mathematics, philosophy, literature, and music.
3. The scholarship is available to learners from all races and colors. It supports all talented and extraordinary students below 18 years without discrimination.
4. It rewards learners who think outside the box and create significant pieces of work.
How to Apply for Davidson Fellows Scholarship
You must follow a specific application and scrutiny procedure to apply for this scholarship.
i. Visit the program’s official website at https://www.davidsongifted.org/. Under the “Programs and Scholarships” option, tab the “Fellows Scholarship” and complete the application.
ii. Once you complete the application form, submit the initial portion for review.
iii. The selection committee will review your initial information within 1-2 days. If it’s approved, you’ll receive an email informing you about the continuation of the application.
iv. In this second part, add nominator and parent information.
v. Complete the application and submit it before the deadline.
vi. The selection committee scrutinizes the applications strictly to check completeness and accuracy. You’ll receive a notification email if you qualify to get the scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I check my application status?
A: Once you apply for Davidson Fellow Scholarship, you’ll be notified about your application status before the beginning of the fall semester. You’ll receive a notification from Davidson-Davie Foundation on your college email account. If selected for the grant, you must complete a thank you note.
Q: Which documents should I provide during the application?
A: This scholarship has different categories, each with different requirements. They also require other documents to complete the application procedure. However, you must submit two forms of nominators and a statement of commitment. You and your parent must sign this statement.
Q: What are the application categories for this scholarship?
A: This scholarship benefits students studying science, technology, mathematics, engineering, philosophy, literature, and music.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship program supports gifted and hardworking young students under 18. It offers learners of various races and academic backgrounds opportunities to utilize their skills to create meaningful projects for society.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must study science, technology, mathematics, engineering, philosophy, literature, or music.