Are you a highly motivated post-secondary student residing in the U.S.? 1 for 2 Education Foundation offers scholarships to four-year college or university undergraduate learners. Read this article to know your eligibility for a 1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship and the application requirements.
1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship program supports undergraduate students in the U.S. to accomplish their educational goals. To qualify for this grant, you must be a highly motivated scholar enrolled in an accredited college or university in the U.S. You must also have a GPA of at least 3.5 and be active in leadership and community service activities. To be considered for the scholarship, ensure you submit your application before the deadline.
The 1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship seeks to support highly motivated students in the U.S. to accomplish their educational goals. The program awards students planning to attend or already enrolled in accredited U.S. four-year colleges or universities with tuition scholarships.
When assessing the applications, the Foundation considers the candidate’s leadership skills, high school academic record, and community service activities. It also checks letters of recommendation and academic excellence. The Foundation also assesses whether the applicant’s values align with its values. This helps determine the applicant’s intention to fulfill their Pledge to the Foundation.
1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship program uses a “pay it forward” model, which motivates learners to take responsibility for their education. Therefore, scholars awarded this grant commit themselves to “pay it forward” by accepting to aid the education of their fellow students.
This Foundation’s vision is to transform post-secondary (college/university) education in the United States. Its mission is to form a community of academics committed to being lifelong learners and dedicated to “pay-it-forward.” This means the applicants must agree to support the education of two students who are not related to them.
Here are the requirements you must meet to be eligible for this scholarship program:
1. You must be currently living in the United States. However, it’s not a must for you to be a U.S. permanent resident or citizen.
2. Your chosen college or university must be accredited and located in the United States.
3. Must have at least a 3.5 GPA.
4. Must agree to 1 for 2 Education Foundation Pledge.
5. You must be an undergraduate learner in a four-year college or university.
6. Must be enrolled in a full-time study program.
7. You must be passionate about leadership and be active in community service activities.
What you’ll need to apply for the 1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship include;
- Duly filled application form
- Current official transcripts indicating your GPA. It must be from your current school.
- Three essays on the given topics
- Two recommendation letters or references
- Personal statement
- Community service certificate
- Copy of college/university acceptance letter
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What’s the deadline for this scholarship?
A: The application deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year was Wednesday, February 1, 2023, and the winners were announced in May.
Q: Are there specific schools that winners of this scholarship must attend?
A: No, there are no specific colleges or universities that you must attend after winning this grant. However, you must register or be enrolled in an accredited school.
If you’re seeking a scholarship to support your undergraduate studies, consider applying for a 1 for 2 Education Foundation Scholarship.
To qualify for this grant, you must reside in the U.S. Additionally, you must maintain a minimum of 3.5 GPA and enroll in an accredited four-year college or university. The 2022-2023 academic year application deadline was on February 1, 2023, so keep your eyes open for 2024 application dates.